Monday, September 20, 2010

Blessing Day!

Sunday was Alyssa's blessing day and she was a complete angel. She is wearing the same dress I was blessed in, which actually belongs to a doll.

My dad tells me her eyes were open and gazing up at her daddy during the blessing, and Eric did a wonderful job. We are so blessed to have this sweet girl in our family!

She fell sleep right after the blessing and all four of her grandparents got to hold a sweet baby during church.
Nani and Papa
We were fortunate to have Eric's parents in town for the weekend to celebrate with us.
Grandma and Peeta

hence the nickname "Lizard Lady"
getting love from her big brother
Scotty loves Alyssa so much!
Today marked a return to real life, where my amazing mother in law is no longer around to rock Alyssa in the middle of night, make pancakes and play baseball with Scotty, cook meals (including extra in the freezer for next week!), and clean my house. Did I mention that this sainted lady even scrubbed the grout on my tile floors? It was a treat to have her here to help with the kids and also just to stay up talking and laughing. I can hardly wait the two months until we'll be in Colorado with the rest of the Larsens.

Of course, I am extremely blessed to have my mom so close. I'm probably at her house two days a week! I love having someone to talk to, help with the kids, food, and occasionally some extra naps :o) Thanks, mom!

2 thoughts:

April said...

Yeah for a beautiful baby and a beautiful blessing!
The lizard-lady thing is too cute and from what I have seen, she does like her toungue out.
I'm glad that Leanne was able to come down a spend time helping out. We can't wait to see you all in a few months!
I love your family pixs btw, such a good-looking family!!

The Roz's said...

That last picture of Eric's mom and Alyssa is SO SWEET! It brought tears to my eyes, hope I have a girl one day. Don't get me wrong, I love LOVE my boys but there's a special bond between mother and daughter. Alyssa is a beauty! Thanks for sharing =D