Monday, May 31, 2010

Uncle Brent and Aunt Carlissa

We had a wonderful weekend! Eric had Friday and Monday off from work and his brother Brent and his fiance, Carlissa, came to visit. Scotty LOVED the extra attention and it was nice to get out of the house and see fun things. Friday we were to the Science Center downtown (thank you, Culture Pass!) and had a good time gawking at the people attending the Phoenix Comicon convention. Hey, if you dress up like this and walk around downtown, you deserve a little extra attention:


Saturday we headed down to Tucson to the Titan Missile Museum, home of the last Titan II missile which was decommissioned in 1982 after the Cold War. They call the program "Peace Through Deterrence." I got the be the captain and launch the missile--my second time! I must be nuclear missile material.

Sunday was my birthday and it was a great day. My primary kids sang Happy Birthday, I got to take a nice long nap after church, Eric made a fabulous dinner, and Brent and Carlissa designed this awesome Death Star birthday cake, complete with destruction and fire.

Today Eric and the crew headed off to WalMart to buy fishing gear and head to our local park. I got to sleep in a bit and join them later. Scotty LOVES his Lightning Mcqueen fishing pole and we liked getting a little silly.

This adventure marks a big "check" off Eric's list of important fatherly duties. He's been looking at mini fishing poles since the day we found out we were having a little boy!

For more pictures of the fun and randomness, check out the slideshow.

1 thoughts:

The Roz's said...

What a fun weekend! I didn't know you were into Star Wars, that's funny! Thanks for sharing the great pics.