Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Melodrama

Bring on the melodrama. In our house there are rarely tantrums. Instead there are dramatic sighs, slouched shoulders, and a long plodding walk with the pronouncement "I'm going to my roooooom...."

Sometimes when he's whining he'll tell me "I just need to cry right now, mama, I just need to cry." You can tell we've been talking a lot the past few months about the difference between a "sweet voice" and everything else. Now he'll look at me with a ridiculously fake smile, eyebrows raised, batt his eyelashes, and say, "please whine, mama? please whine?"

He definitely has his moments (or days, or weeks) and potty training is a whole different story, but in most cases he's such a sweet little guy to hang out with. He is a great helper around the house with cleaning and cooking so I have to remember to find ways for him to help before I get my hands dirty in order to prevent chaos. Just this morning he lectured me for putting his milk cup back in the fridge: "I put my milk away mama--you NEVER touch it. NEVER touch it!"

He is also getting quite the vivid imagination. Yesterday he was particularly concerned for the physical safety of his Nana and Papa in respect to a certain monster that lives under his bed....



Here he is all decked out in his "monster fighting gear" and demonstrating proper use of the hose/baseball bat.

2 thoughts:

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

haha! such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. Probably from the Monster in the house song? Glad he has equipment :)