While I still despise the term "housewife" as I am in no way legally or emotionally sealed to my house, I am gaining a certain satisfaction from turning our house into our home. My mom never dreamed that I would be the one coming over to clean her house! Somewhere in the maze of BYU I stopped being the teenager who dwelt amongst piles of everything to the girl who sweeps her floors at least every other day so she can enjoy going barefoot.
In honor of our new home I thought I should post a few pictures. I'm not a decorator by any means but I have no fears about picking up a gallon of paint and getting my hands dirty :o)
(Scotty's "big boy" bed, complete with batman sheets. He now has a bright yellow comforter that I got free and patched up)
And now a few random pictures of walls that finally have pictures on them. Of all the talents I possess, hanging pictures is just not one of them, so I spent many days waiting for Eric to be home when Scotty wasn't asleep so I could finally hang them. And by hang them I mean stand back and micromanage Eric while he hung them :o)
Front room:
(my BYU graduation present from my parents--love this painting!)
(Painting I bought in Paris in 2005...and yes, that's a bagged diaper on the floor (HA!) ignore that...)


My graduation present for finishing my master's! Thanks mom and dad, I love having a place to put all of my books :o)

(Hallway)

(Living room)

(Eric had our new family photo professionally framed for Christmas--doesn't he have fabulous taste?)
My graduation present for finishing my master's! Thanks mom and dad, I love having a place to put all of my books :o)
(Hallway)
(Living room)
(Eric had our new family photo professionally framed for Christmas--doesn't he have fabulous taste?)
Since I took these pictures, I have painted a wall in the master bedroom, bought a gorgeous print of my favorite place in Italy to hang above our bed (thanks again, Goodwill!), framed a new adorable picture of Scotty for the front room, and painted both coats of purple in the baby's room (you'll love it!). More pictures to come I suppose....




3 thoughts:
that is so awesome Meg!!! And I am so excited for you and your new little bundle...I love the pics of your house!
It all looks great! You've done a wonderful job! It's not an easy task making a house a home. Looks like it's coming right along!
ooooh purple thats great the butterfly i made her for her wall will mach great! Andrew was real leaved that is would match hahaha.
Post a Comment