I made Easter baskets for both of my boys (when it comes to candy, Eric is worse than Scotty). Scotty and I loaded Eric's basket up and hid it while he was at the priesthood session of general conference. When Eric realized at 10pm that his Easter basket was already hidden somewhere in the house (filled with oodles of Reese's that were now fair game) he started looking! At first it was casual, a glance here or there as he walked into a room. Within 10 minutes I started hearing cupboards opening in the kitchen and Eric walking around the house with a flashlight....It is hard to surprise him and even harder to ration his candy so I had a blast watching him :o) I don't have any pictures because he was too focused on searching to put on clothes and continued wandering the house for awhile in his underwear.... He did find it in the morning in the clothes dryer we're getting rid of in the garage.
Scotty doesn't have as much of a sweet tooth as he thinks he does. He often asks for treats only to carry them around and later mash them into the furniture. I bought bubbles and a special coloring book (Toy Story color wonders, thanks for the great idea Christine!). Of all the candy and treats he was most fascinated by the green marshmallow bunny peeps I picked out and kept asking to eat the bunnies. In passing, I told him that mommy and daddy would hide his bucket while he was asleep and in the morning he could go find the bunnies. 7:15 Easter morning brings a bouncing smile into our room, yelling "I want to eat the bunnies!"
After conference we hosted Easter dinner at our house. Basically, my mom made all of the food and we were just bringing a pasta salad but we ended up feeding the sister missionaries in our ward so it had to be at our place! It was a little bit of a scramble for me as our house was in the middle of a sugar craze and Scotty's toys were scattered everywhere during the 8 hours of essentially unsupervised play time afforded him by General Conference (which is no longer broadcast around here and therefore had to be watched online). My mom was AMAZING and so willing to just pack up and bring everything over.
Dying Easter eggs with Scotty was very efficient. Each egg got dipped in each color for a fraction of a second and when I wasn't looking he kept sneaking the "finished" eggs back into color cups...




1 thoughts:
I'm glad you like the color wonder! Callie got a new one, a disney princess one so we are quickly accumulating lots of markers. Glad you had a fun Easter!
Post a Comment