Friday, April 16, 2010

How brave are you?

I was shopping at goodwill the other day (I love that place!) and as I was checking out, the girl behind the counter asked me how far along I was. I had to think for a minute because I'm still in weeks but unpregnant people tend to time a pregnancy in months (and not realize that it's closer to 10 instead of 9...) When I responded that I was 5 months along she has surprised that I was so far along and now showing much yet. Which got me to thinking....

how was she brave enough to ask me if I was even pregnant? I'm not one of those girls who feels fat when I'm pregnant or minds being asked about the baby or my belly. But if you didn't know me, would you be brave enough to ask this girl:

when the baby was due? This is as big as it gets right now. I am 22 weeks and Eric took this picture at the end of the day after eating a full meal at Chili's (thanks for the date, my love!) with full maternity gear on and nothing to hold anything in....I think I finally look "pregnant" but I don't look like I'm about to explode or anything!

You go, goodwill girl. Way to be brave and give me an opportunity to talk to someone new about this little one.

3 thoughts:

Taylor said...

Bold! very bold. MOst women who look like that are not pregnant.

Christine and Nick said...

you look great! I should send you a pic of my stomach, I look like I should be about 25 weeks and I'm only 18... its gonna be a long pregnancy. I can still fit into my clothes though! Gotta love low rise jeans. :)

Anonymous said...

Meg you look gorgeous!! Cute post.