Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween AZ Style

Halloween in AZ has some nice perks. You don't have to worry about weather conditions such as cold or snow interfering with your costume. Your candy doesn't freeze (or melt) while you're out trick or treating. Also, there isn't an overabundance of adorable small children, so yours gets special attention from toddler-deprived neighbors.


Scotty milked it for everything he's got. He would run up to the door yelling "go, go candy!" and holding his hat on. Whenever the door opened he cheered, and he always said thank you and blew kisses. He also stopped to pet every dog and cat he saw. He loved having his friends from the apartments come trick-or-treat with him in a real neighborhood, and he even relinquished his bag of candy to hold hands with the big kids.

If course, Arizona also has its downsides. I feel fortunate that I stumbled upon this one before any of the kids did.


If that doesn't say "Happy Halloween!" I don't know what does.

In keeping with the family tradition and Eric's accounting tendencies, we constructed a bar graph of Scotty's earnings. Clearly, Eric trained him well about picking the orange things because there is an overwhelming majority of Reese's and Kit Kats.


In total, he got exactly 100 pieces of candy.
That's a lot of houses and a lot of moving for short little legs!


I went with the realistic costume here, including greasy, unwashed hair, a ponytail, and glasses. I actually got lots of compliments and attention--maybe I should wear my banner more often! Good for the self-esteem.

In other news, I am probably the world's coolest chemistry teacher, but I have to see if I can find a way to transfer part of the video from Friday's classes online before I reveal my entire scheme. Stay tuned!

3 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

hahaha - nothing says Halloween like a scorp! Love it! Okay, Lauren Hopper today said, "I just LOVE Megan, I mean Ms. Larsen. Did you hear about her Professor Snape show? It was SO COOL!! She was amazing and so funny!" Can't wait to see the video :)

Anonymous said...

p.s. Hey, your teachers used to catch on with the candy graphing. We just a nerdy fam, what can I say?

Mimi Collett said...

What a cute little fire fighter!! :) And your costume is great. hehe