Tuesday, November 3, 2009

What happens with Nana, stays with Nana

Scotty has a blast hanging out with his wo9nderful Nana while I student teach. Yesterday, she made this confession over dinner:

"I had an adventure today! Darling little Scotty, age two, walked into the garage just ahead of me. Punching the door opener as I entered, I walked around the other side of the car, carrying my broken vacuum, his water, my purse, etc. Then I suddenly heard crying. I looked over, couldn't see Scotty, and then I looked UP. Screamed and dropped everything on the concrete. Dashed clear across the garage to get him down . . . from the ceiling. He had grabbed hold of the garage door and ridden it all the way up. Then held on tight! No harm, except my heart attack. The vac was already broken."

That's my little monkey. And don't worry mom--you're not fired.

3 thoughts:

Martha said...

That is pretty impressive Scotty! What a cute little fireman (the world's best mom is cute of course too!).

Melanie said...

Did you say "hanging out" with Nana?! Only too true ;-D

Sarah Ewell said...

Somehow I believe that. Your little boy is a little bit adventurous. :) That's one of those stories your family can laugh about for years to come. Your poor mom! I'd bet she was scared out of her mind!