Well, it came and went last week, completely unannounced, unheralded, and uncelebrated: my last day of student teaching. It apparently has already been 60 days since early August, and I am no longer required to show up at 7am and teach 130 high school students every day for no money. And I literally mean no money--student teaching is completely "voluntary" though my cooperating teacher bought me lunch a few times.
Unfortunately I was busy dying of the flu last week and simply trying to survive and I missed my moment of triumph. At least Thursday was better than Monday, when I threw up in a trash can under my desk. (and why didn't I take time off? I kept thinking it was just a fluke and I wasn't really sick.....I didn't admit defeat under Friday, when on my first day of freedom I volunteered to substitute for my cooperating teacher while she took her boys on vacation).
I caved halfway through first period on Friday, begged my department chair to find a sub, and went home to rest by taking care of my overactive toddler. My mom and I finally limped into the doctor's office Friday afternoon, and headed the pharmacy to fill prescription strength cough drops and syrup with codeine. The doctor said I had the most positive test for flu she'd ever seen.
On the bright side, I'm now a better parent: I own a cool-mist humidifier. Never mind that I bought it for myself and not my child....he can have it when I'm done with it!
In case any of you were sitting on the fence: get a flu shot.
Trust me, it's worth it.
Why Should You Get Custom Shades?
7 years ago




1 thoughts:
Well, congratulations! You're a teacher. Sorry it was such a non-eventful, sicky time. :( At least you finished, right?
Post a Comment