Monday, July 6, 2009

You Can't Make This Stuff Up.


This kid cracks me up. We had some friends and family over for a BBQ on Saturday after the parade and the kids were running around outside. Marian took a spill on the sidewalk and was laying there crying about a scraped knee. I scooped her up to make sure she was okay and give her a little hug. That little bit of attention must have kicked in Scotty's jealous gene...

he sat down on the sidewalk, carefully laid down on his back, and proceeded to cry about the owie on his leg and tell me he fell down.

Such a ham. Maybe he'll have a future in the dramatic arts. He's already practicing his vocalization through whining. Instead of making us mad, however, Eric and I laugh every time he starts whining because his favorite word is "shoes." It lends itself so perfectly to exaggerated whining!

Now that he's talking more (and giving me the running commentary on life as a toddler) I catch him saying funny things. Yesterday he was reading me his curious george book and telling me how we have to be "shhh" because george went "nite-nite." Then he turned the last page, closed the book, and said "A-Men!"

I had to laugh even more because he makes a big show of unfolding his arms when he says that.

3 thoughts:

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

what a drama king.... good luck during the teenage years! ;) haha.

Sarah Roberts said...

that is too funny!

Anonymous said...

Misty and I read these together - we are totally cracking up!