Monday, November 17, 2008

What a weekend!

After a recruiting dinner (and an Italian Soda buffet!) on Thursday night, we headed out early Friday morning for Colorado. As Scotty only took one nap the entire week, I thought for sure he would crash in the car. WOW was I wrong...he slept for maybe 15 minutes, and only because uncle Stephen was petting his head! Still, we all managed pretty well for four adults crammed into a small car around a car seat. Scotty was determined to defend his space, and kept pushing aunt Bekah out of the way and yelling "no!" at her for encroachment.

Friday night we hung out with Eric's parents, watched 27 dresses, watched the latest episodes of The Office, and ate a ton of food. Saturday we slept in a bit and then headed out to Reed and April's. We left Scotty with his three cousins and drove out to the Air Force Academy for a great football game. We had fabulous seats, only met very polite fans (though I'm sure we drove them nuts with our yelling and chanting "Unga unga unga chunga"...it was our last football game as students!). You may notice that there are absolutely no pictures in this post! That's because I forgot to pack our camera. Lame, I know.

After the game (and napping in the car on the way home) we played games with family and ate some amazing food with Reed, April, and the boys then tried to get some sleep before our drive home on Sunday.

Driving in a car for 16 hours in one weekend tells you a lot about your kid. I for one, learned that Scotty thinks pig noises are hilarious. Even for hours. I also learned that hysterical giggles are always better than whining, and yelling is particularly loud in a confined space like the backseat of a car. I also learned that I am extremely grateful for McDonald's play places, and that fairly gross food is worth it if it keeps your kid entertained.

3 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Reading between the car seats, I can tell that your 16 hour rt drive was stressful. But I'm so glad you had a great time with family while there!
Much love,
Mom

Sarah Roberts said...

what a weekend!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like all turned out well. I'm impressed with Scotty's ability to keep himself awake! Car trips always put be to sleep.