Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Hodgepodge of Current Events

Last night we elected a new president, who stands for "Change." I woke up this morning and my world sure looked different! Not sure how I feel about it...

In other news, Prop. 102, a constitutional amendment recognizing only a marriage between a man and a woman, passed in Arizona. I voted there and we're moving there next summer so we are relieved and reassured by that. Eric and I stayed up watching the numbers roll in and we were impressed by how many people supported this amendment and Prop. 8 in California. All of the media attention focused on a very vocal minority was starting to make me wonder if I was the only one who felt this way! Looking at the county maps was enlightening...really, only a few localized counties had a majority of "no" votes. As of right now, it looks like Prop. 8 will pass! Eric of course has been compiling a rad excel spreadsheet tracking all the votes by county in all five states voting on issues of gay marriage or adoption. I'll post that later when it's finished and formatted :o)

Enough of politics! I'm ready to be done for a nice long while. So, other recent happenings in the larsen family include:





throwing a baby shower for my neighbor (who might be induced today!) and getting creative (thanks for the ideas, Misty!)









Halloween! We took Scotty trick-or-treating at the mall, and he loved playing on the toys in the food court. We had to lure him out of this bus...









I'm also relieved to announce that our cute little boy will not be a four tooth wonder forever: two new teeth have broken through, top and bottom on his right side. Now he'll look like a little lopsided 6-er...

2 thoughts:

Sarah Roberts said...

I didn't know about the proposition in Arizona as well...wow- good thing it passed:)

Mimi Collett said...

cute cute cat ears! I was also so happy to hear about Arizona, California, and Florida all passing the amendments! Yay. :) It is nice to realize that the minority is still the minority and not the majority the media makes it out to be sometimes.