Scotty woke up this morning and decided he no longer wanted to use his left arm. We gave him a graham cracker. He looked at it a few times, twitched his fingers, then reached over with his right arm to bring it to his mouth. We did patty-cake, and he only went "up in the oven" with his right arm. Something is DEFINITELY wrong here!
We took him to urgent care just after 8, saw a great pediatrician that I would love to see again, and with just a little adjustment (and a tiny cry) the doctor popped the bone in his forearm back into place. Apparently, this is super common, and with Scotty as pain-tolerant and squirmy as he is, I'm kind of surprised it didn't happen earlier. And hey, he got a yummy sucker for it! We were concerned, but everything is good now and all three of us are much happier!
Friday I went up to visit family while my mom was in town. It was good to see my grandpa, who's been in a nursing home for the last few months. The residents there all loved Scotty and he showed off appropriately by waving and blowing kisses. He also loved grandpa's room because it was duck themed!
Mom and I attempted to take "cute fall pictures in the leaves."
Yeah. Hello, squid boy. He thought the leaves were tickly.Scotty will be 15 months on Wednesday, so here are the stats:
weight: 21.3 lb
height: too squirmy
teeth: almost 6
favorite book: the texture ABC's, Jemima Puddle Duck (thanks mom...i have to make up a new story everytime so it's not sad!)
favorite song: Shake My Sillies Out, Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam
favorite things to do: wave the wii controllers with mom and dad, play the xylophone, sweep, eat junk food, march in place, parks and slides, and anything out of the house!
words: No, no no no, yeah, hi, no, num-num, water, mama, dada, baba (Papa), nan (Nana), beba (Baby)
Cutest thing ever: the other day I picked Scotty up after his nap and he pointed to a picture that covers the huge hole in his wall. It's a picture of Christ with the children that was in my room growing up. He points at it and says clearly: "Je-jus". I did a double take--we talk about Jesus and try to do things like that, but I can't take credit for this one. I tried it again with him later, and he said it again. I've never heard him even babble those sounds! I visited my grandma in South Weber on Friday and she tried this out with a picture he had never seen before. Sure enough, he points at it and says happily "Je-jus!"
The pictures must be accurate, because he clearly recognizes him as Jesus. If only babies could really talk and tell us all the wonderful things they know! What would my little boy teach me about the Savior? How can I possibly teach him anything?!
P.S. he loves to help clean. thanks for visiting Nana!




4 thoughts:
lol- you know my arm was popped out of the socket all the time when I was a child
poor scotty--i am glad it was such a quick fix.
So cute! I thought you were taking a picture, didn't realize it was a video.
It was wonderful (and amazing) when Scotty recognized Jesus. Gma Hepworth was touched and delighted at how sweet this was.
Love you,
Mom
Yay! You just won the shoe giveaway! So glad my friends can win free stuff too.
Post a Comment