Thursday, May 31, 2012

Random Megness

Yesterday was my birthday, so it's only fitting that I post my stats for the world to read, right? Like I would for my kids? Ok, you probably don't really care how tall I am (5'2.75") or how much I weigh (after a weekend of birthday dinners? Good thing I'm pregnant!), so here are some random things about the life of Meg.

Books I've read in the past month:
  • The Help by Kathryn Stockett
  • The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss (book 2 in an uncompleted trilogy)
  • Sugar Queen, Garden Spells both by Sarah Addison Allen
  • I Was a Really Good Mom Before I Had Kids by Trisha Ashworth
  • The Proper Care and Feeding of Marriage by Dr. Laura Schlessinger
  • Book 1 of the Night Angel trilogy by Brent Weeks
I love my NOOK! I also need to get more sleep :o)

Things on my to-do list:
  • Write a curriculum for the 3 chemistry classes I'll be teaching starting in the fall. Fortunately, I student taught the first semester so I have a rough outline already, but I want to get as much done this summer as I can. Especially since I need to plan a month of maternity leave into my outline!
  • Get rid of Alyssa's pacifiers. Move her into a toddler bed. 
  • Paint Scotty's room! Buy bunk beds. Convince myself that my 4 year old will never be tempted to Spiderman off the top bunk or see if he can fly. Try not to panic.
  • Take a childbirth refresher course to prepare for the planned waterbirth of baby #3!
Why I don't post many belly pics:
Happy Mother's Day! 25 weeks
 They're just not that exciting yet. Don't get me wrong--we are super excited to meet this little girl. She's clearly a Larsen, full of spunk already, and jumping around and kicking people. Though I do look pregnant enough for people to ask me when I'm due :) I am 27 weeks and hanging in there. Only 3 more months of 110+ degree weather!

Current hobbies:
  • sitting in the kiddie pool in the backyard
  • taking the kids to the splashpad
  • eating lots of cucumbers and watermelon
  • watching the Stanley Cup
  • not cooking
That about sums it up for me. Anything you are dying to know about Meg?

2 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Don't be silly; post your weight for posterity. CUTE blog ~ how clever you are to do a Meg's bday post! And how did I not know you were doing a water birth??

*Meg Larsen* said...

I actually don't know my weight, but I'll find out tomorrow at my midwife appointment. And I don't know how you didn't know I was planning a waterbirth....both rooms at the birth center have awesome tubs! One is a huge jetted tub and one is a deep soaker (aka over the belly) tub. Space for two and a baby :)