Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Let's Play Music

For the past year, Scotty has been part of a class called Let's Play Music taught by a good friend. It teaches some basics about music, mostly through singing, activity, and playing bells, but mostly just lets him have fun with something that I love. Bless his heart, he's pretty much tone deaf and I think he knows it because he tends to not sing. Now he can somewhat match pitch and he seems to enjoy music more, so I consider it a win. He has also picked up a lot of information about rhythm, intervals, recognizing parts and counter-melody, and is starting to learn the basics of reading music from a staff.

A few weeks ago he had his recital. I get to go to class with him every other week so it's all familiar to me, but the rest of the gang (Eric, Nani, and Papa) got a kick of seeing him jump around. He is very enthusiastic and he definitely stands out--he's not the loudest singer, but he's the one bouncing up and down the whole time :o)

he's the only one dancing ;o)

all 3 classes combined

jumping out a scale


demonstrating "skips"


major chords


playing the bells
Alyssa had a good time too



0 thoughts: