As Cinderella once noted, "the right shoe can change your life." I'm not sure I'd take it that far, but this little project was pretty cool. I first got the idea from a craft blog nearly a year ago and was dying for the chance to try it myself. I found the perfect pair of boring heels for $3 at Goodwill, but never got around to fabric shopping.
Over Thanksgiving we were in Utah with most of the Larsen clan and the girls decided we wanted some fun projects, and this was perfect. Well, at least I thought it was perfect--a few of the patterns were tricky to make but we stuck it out!
 |
| Serious chaos |
Here is the whole layout. We didn't think to put them in the same order, so I tried to label them. Sometimes it's hard to connect the "before" with the "after".... It's a super easy project involving mod podge, fabric, cheap shoes from goodwill, DI, or your closet, and an exacto knife. Want more info? Click
here for a flats tutorial,
here for a heels/wedges tutorial, and
here for the original inspiration. For what it's worth, we used outdoor mod podge because it's more water proof, and we decided that heels are much easier to make patterns for than flats. You only need 1/8 yard of fabric for a pair of shoes and it's easier to match up abstract designs than stripes.
 |
| Click on this to see it BIG |
The guys were great sports about of crafting. Mostly because they were shut in with a bunch of computers playing Command & Conquer Generals for an entire day.
So, anyone else have a pair of still comfy but rarely worn shoes in their closet that need a $2 makeover? :o)
1 thoughts:
Cute!
But wait... where were the kids during this whole process? Or was I so excited by the project I didn't read the note? :)
Post a Comment