I've been on a crafting binge lately. Are you a crafter? Some people just aren't into this stuff. Some are fabulous scrapbookers. Or sew amazing clothes. Or decorate their homes fabulously. I can't say that I'm particularly good at any one craft...but I can make a decent showing at most of them and I have a blast jumping from project to project. I second what I wrote previously about the joy of creating something.
So, what have I been up to?
1. Choreography and staging for an hour long youth production based on the Book of Mormon for the youth Book of Mormon Journey (think Pioneer trek but based on the BoM) in my mom's stake.
2. Editing the video of the recorded production.
3. Creating and scrapbooking a photobook for my mom with pictures from the production and thoughts from those involved.
4. A bulletin board for clipping Alyssa's hair flowers, bows, and clips, since she pulls them off the low hanging ribbon and chews on them.
5. A way to hang the quilt that matches Alyssa's room on the wall.
6. Heart shaped hooks for hanging her jacket, towel, and hat.
7. More painted and fabric covered boxes for storage.
8. Tie dyed Easter Eggs. I've been wanting to do this for months but waited for Easter as an excuse to create a few dozen hard boiled eggs. This is seriously easy and fun to do--I'd recommend it to anyone! Next year I'm planning to throw a tie-dying party and have everyone bring a few silk ties. We can have more variety without having to spend more on ties!
9. Hanging more pictures! I've added our most recent kid pictures to the hodgepodge in the hallway and finally gotten around to hanging this picture that I made last fall...
10. Updating the old-fashioned ceiling fans in our front room. This is a multiple step project but I'm getting there, bit by bit, so you'll have to wait for pictures of the entire process....
What's up next on the list?
1. Painting Scotty's room (I've designed it and picked paint colors already)
2. Making and hanging curtains in Scotty's room.
3. Making a t shirt quilt in memory of my Grandma Gay (I have the layout arranged and the pieces roughly cut).
4. Finishing the other two ceiling fans (one in the front room and one in the master bedroom)
5. Painting the end tables and mini-bookshelf so our mismatched furniture looks more coordinated :o)
6. Reupholstering the purple chairs in our living room. Bring out the staple gun! Just looking for the perfect fabric.
7. Paying someone to haul out the random rock and weeds in our backyard and put in a sprinkler system and grass. We've finally got this arranged, so sometime in the next few weeks we'll sign the contract, fork over some hard earned money, and watch the magic. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures, as it is guaranteed to be an impressive transformation...
Why Should You Get Custom Shades?
7 years ago








6 thoughts:
The play looks amazing. You are amazing.
LOVE this post! You are very creative =D
Let me know when you get around to that t-shirt quilt. My dad gave me a bunch of Harley Davidson t-shirts to turn into a quilt and don't really know where to start.
Great job on the craftiness! Keep it up!
You sound crazy busy! (A girl after my own heart!) :)
The projects look amazing~don't you love the hair clips and flowers on the wall? I love mine.
The play looks like it is right up my alley.
The tie-dying eggs is awesome. I want to know how to do that!
Wish we could be crazy busy in the same town and help a sister out! :) love ya!
I personally think you are very crafty- and I LOVE Alyssa's room... I'm a little jealous- I'm very impatient to someday own my own home and be able to decorate however I want :-) Maybe it's the time of year- I've been crafty lately too- Melody's Easter dress and birthday cake being the best two examples!
Fabulous crafty daughter ~ thanks for letting me learn to do the tie-dying. I love the things you've created. And the little people you've created too, btw.
Busy, busy! So fun to see what you've been up to! Lots of good things. Miss you, my Meg friend!
Post a Comment