Eric's busy season extended into May this year (LAME) so I did my best to keep the kids engaged in fun things. Scotty has a great sense of adventure and thinks we should go somewhere everyday, and I find that getting out of the house cuts down on my whining. It helps that Scotty loves being a big brother and helping out with Alyssa and that Alyssa thinks Scotty is the coolest thing ever.
We've hit up the children's museum, a Diamondbacks baseball game, the zoo to see the new orangutan exhibit, the splash pad, and a billion different playgrounds, playgroups, and errand running trips.
 |
| Eric snagged us tickets to a baseball game |
 |
| Scotty is a big DBacks fan. Even when they really stink. |
 |
| I think he has a future as a dragon impersonator |
 |
| I love the "little kid" areas of the children's museum. They hide mirrors and pictures under the benches for kids to find--while preventing them from escaping! |
 |
| Driving the pencil car |
 |
| A ginormous climber....unfortunately you can't carry kids or have them in slings, so I just have to stand at the bottom with Alyssa and crane my neck to find my 3 year old as he wanders around by himself....he LOVES this thing but there has got to be a better system. |
 |
| At the zoo! Never seen it so crowded, but the people distracted her and helped keep her hands from finding her hat... |
 |
| he was communing with the statue... |
 |
| i LOVE hanging out with my mom! |
 |
| playing peek-a-boo with the 5 year old orangutan. How cute is THAT?! |
 |
| Getting some grass time at my mom's. Soon we can do this in our OWN backyard! |
 |
| yep, she still flaps her arms when she's excited |
Sorry for the photo dump, but really, who takes pictures and details the joys of sweeping the floors three times a day because your crawling munchkin loves to find shoes and bugs and leftover cereal bits? Or documenting all the bruises I keep finding my legs and feet from the proximity of small kids and lots of toys? Don't worry, detailed updates of the kids including Alyssa's powerful set of lungs and Scotty's firing of his mom to come soon.....
5 thoughts:
I agree that getting out of the house helps the day not seem so long, for the preschooler and the mom! Looks like you guys are having fun!
I AM SO JEALOUS!! I want to come play with you and those adorable children!
Cute pictures and fun adventures! I love the one of the orangutan playing peek a boo.
cute!!
Nice!! The orangatan was adorable ` she loved playing with Scotty. Alyssa is so cute playing in the water.
Post a Comment