Thursday, December 2, 2010

What a Wonderful Week!

We had a jam packed week of fun in Colorado, with only a few pictures to document the awesomeness. We drove in on Thursday and Friday, and stayed up talking Friday night. Saturday morning was the sealing, luncheon, family naps, and reception. Then the party began! We sent Bekah and Grant off on their honeymoon, and April and I bailed with the kids while everyone else stayed to clean up. I figure six kids and two moms are more of a liability than an asset so we just got out of the way. And had lots of time to chat and hang out while waiting for everyone else to finish cleaning!
we plan for them to be roommates at BYU. Look out, class of 2031!

they are actually 3 months apart, but Ella was 6 weeks early and Alyssa has a ginormous head
 We stayed up playing games where I had the most winning night of my life, beating April at Nerts (though we both lost to Stephen and Emily) and winning BOTH rounds of Apples to Apples.
FHE with all the grandkids
Later in the week Eric took the boys to the aquarium so April and I could get crafty. We also headed down to Colorado Springs to tour the Air Force Academy campus, which was amazing even though it was freezing cold. Scotty loved the time with his Peeta (aka Grandpa Larsen) and seeing all the airplanes.

cold weather = a great excuse to wear baby Uggs and a strawberry hat!

the amazing chapel

this bench is reserved for prisoners of war and those missing in action

hey look! a real life cadet!


On Thanksgiving, everyone but the moms and babies headed out for our traditional Turkey Day Bowling. It was nice to have a little peace and quiet, to be honest, and we made some stellar pies while they were smacking things down with bowling balls. Eric tells me that Scotty was so excited to go and would anxiously watch his ball roll slowly down the lane and rejoice when it hit anything.



Kids can make everything much more fun! Dinner was fabulous and overflowing with food, and we had some good game time while listening to the kids watch "What About Bob?" in the background. It was wonderful to see family, especially Grandpa, though we missed Grandma Gay and it wasn't quite the same without her.


Friday night we headed out after the Auburn/Alabama football game, but only made it as far at Trinidad, Colorado before calling it a night. I thought out driving schedule would be contingent on the weather, but we ended up planning it around college football. So thanks, Boise State and Nevada, for making the much longer than planned Saturday drive worth it :o)
All I said was "Smile, Alyssa!" so obedient.


The best part about the whole trip is that I wasn't super sad to leave, as we're all getting together again for Christmas! My list of "things to do" just keeps getting longer and longer. I love Larsen time!

0 thoughts: