Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Final Wedding


Well, the Great Larsen Expansion is over, at least for now. In 2010 we had two babies (both girls! woo hoo!), three weddings, and a funeral (in real life, not the movie.) We missed the second wedding, as it took place in Utah and I had a baby at 8:04 the next morning. I would have gone into labor during the reception! In my defense, the baby was on her way before those two had even met, so my timeline took precedence :o)
what a beautiful day with perfect weather!

It was wonderful to be in Colorado for the final wedding--Eric's only sister and the baby of the family. I first met her when she was 12 so in many ways she's my baby sister as well and I have watched her grow up. We stayed up talking the night before the wedding and it made me remember all the conversations we've had over the past seven eight years. It was beautiful to be in the temple with his whole family, though I had to be careful not to make eye contact with mom, Bekah, or April because I kept tearing up. Being a mom has made me such a softie!

Bekah's bridesmaids were nice enough to watch the kids during the sealing, so we rushed out to relieve them. Just as I had expected, I greeted one holding a screaming Alyssa outside the waiting room because she was so loud. Also as expected, the other girls gushed about how cute Scotty was and told me all the funny things he had said. Unfortunately, I had my hands full chasing kids around and trying to stay warm so I didn't get to wander and take pictures of the happy couple like I used to. I did manage to snag this awesome family pic while we were waiting for the bride to appear, however. (And yes, I said bride--Grant came out by himself and we had to send him back in to fetch his wife!)

typical larsen portrait: Scotty is laughing hysterically/maniacally, Alyssa is sucking on her hand, and Eric and I look hot and put together :o)
It was fun to have some quality family time during the luncheon and reception instead of running around like crazy people. Now that we have the hang of how to throw a tremendous wedding celebration, we're all done with weddings! The girls were tired by the end of the night, however, and transitioned from perfect angels...

to screaming angels.
Hey, MOM! Why are you taking pictures instead of picking me up and/or feeding me?!

We had a blast hanging out with April, Reed, Parker, Carter, Adam, and Ella for most of the week. The girls quickly became best buds and Scotty LOVED having his cousins around. It was a constant party and sleepover for four energetic little boys--we are definitely feeling the withdrawal around here as an exponential increase in whining. April and I, on the other hand, had a blast staying up late crafting and chatting. Pictures of our creativity soon to come!

0 thoughts: