Monday, July 12, 2010

A few thousand words.

I've just realized two things. First, you can sketch the course of this pregnancy by the extent of my blogging. Only two posts in the entire month of January? Here it is halfway through July and I have yet to post a word. It's been a rough ride and while I want this little one to keep on cooking till she's full term and healthy, I find myself wondering if I can make it. Physically it's a stretch but emotionally I'm about ready to crash and burn. My second realization is that I had a lot of fun adventures in June that helped the month fly by, and unfortunately I never seemed to get my camera out of the bag to document any of it.

Eric's wonderful mom came to play with Scotty and I for a week while Eric was suffering through training in a dungeon in Tulsa. Do I have any pictures? Of course not! We caught up on errands, whipped the house in shape, hung all the remaining pictures that were still laying around in piles, and talked a lot. It was nice to have a different form of conversation around here! We also found a gorgeous mother of the bride dress, as this year has become the year of the Great Larsen Family Expansion. 2010 will bring 3 weddings and 2 babies, so welcome all new Larsens! We LOVED having her and miss her! Can't wait to see her again in September.

We also had a drive by of Nevilles headed down for a family trip in Mexico. Sometimes it's nice to be the rest stop! I had a blast getting to see some of my cousins and their cute kids. Having Mad around makes me realize how much of a non stop chatterbox my kid is. And I don't mean that in a bragging mom "look how smart my kid is" way--I really, honestly mean that as much as I love the kid, it's impossible to get him to be quiet for more than 2 seconds. No wonder my life feels crazy sometimes!

In other news, Eric got released from our joint calling in primary to be the Priest Quorum adviser. I'm excited for him and think he'll do wonderful things there with those boys, but I'm a little bummed to be in primary by myself! The kids in my class definitely keep me busy and I quickly realized that 4 year-olds are not much different than the (essentially) 3 year-old I spend all my time with. I'm a little stressed about how it will all work out in a few weeks when I have a new baby to juggle as both Eric and I are scheduled to teach during the third hour of church. I thought maybe I'd ask another woman in the ward to help watch the baby if she's asleep and then realized that I got this calling so quickly the only women I know are in primary! I've only been in Relief Society one time since moving into the ward...Wish me luck!

I'm hoping that other members of the family picked up my picture taking slack, so watch this space for pictures of Leanne's visit, the Neville family, trips to the zoo and science center, and my master's graduation!

1 thoughts:

Deanna said...

Throwing up 5x/day for the first 3 months was awful. I can't imagine it still at 8 months. It really does drain you emotionally just as much as physically. I'm glad your mom is close to help out.