It's become a fun family tradition to spend a week on the beach in California. This year we headed to Oceanside and got amazing waves, nice sandy beach, and a little less sun than usual. The public beach by our rented condo even had a playground, so Scotty was in heaven. Eric had to work most of the week but was able to take a few days off to come join the fun. Scotty LOVED the ocean this year and got a little too brave about jumping waves. Even in my current pregnant state I was able to conjure up some good boogie boarding :o) Eric was also kind enough to dig me a belly whole so I could do something I've been dreaming of for months--lay on my stomach. Of all the things I miss during pregnancy, sleeping on my stomach tops the list!
We also got to take Scotty to Disneyland (they're free till they're 3!). We knew he would love it but we fully expected at least a few meltdowns over waiting in lines, not napping, not getting to buy all the cool toys, or just general confusion. Instead he was seriously the happiest kid all day! What a treat for all of us :o) He even stayed awake for fireworks at the end--though he was asleep before we ever left the park.
Of course I have WAY too many pictures to even begin posting, so if you're interested, check out the slideshow. Thanks to my dad for lugging his good camera around! And yes, my solution to maternity swimwear is to just let it all hang out.







0 thoughts:
Post a Comment