It's true, Larsenland is growing a new member to fill the extra space in our new house. I'm due mid-August (yes, I know, I swore I would never have another August baby!) and we find out in 6 weeks whether Baby Beluga is a boy or a girl.
Baby Beluga--that's a funny name for an adored child. Scotty was Peanut because we first saw him through ultrasound at 9 weeks and that's exactly what he resembled. Yesterday I was able to hear the heartbeat of this little one for the first time, and the batteries on the doppler were dying so it kept making squeaking and chirping noises. The doctor assured us that it was the machine and not our child chirping at us, but Scotty is pretty convinced Mommy is having a baby dolphin for him to play with! Obviously, he's thrilled.
He does exhibit some motherly instincts, however. Earlier today I saw him loving hug a toy and place it carefully on his pillow, wrapped in his favorite blankets. "More songs?" he asked the toy, and proceeded to sing his current top favorites, the "cow song" (which is actually more about a rooster) and the "Happy Sa-me-me" song from primary that names all the members of his family. He even loving told his toy to stay in bed and he would come back to check in 5 minutes.
I assumed he was mothering one of his bazillion stuffed animals, or even his potty training doll that's an actual baby. Of course, he still has his priorities.
Night night, police car. Sweet dreams.
Why Should You Get Custom Shades?
7 years ago




12 thoughts:
This is a darling post. Meg you are such a witty writer, I love reading your blog. Love to you, Eric, Scotty, Baby Beluga, and of course the police car.
congrats guys!!! that is so cute!
Congrats! What happy news! :)
So cute! Gotta love the police car. And big congrats. Having two kids is awesome. And by awesome I mean exhausting and draining. but also totally worth it.
Yay! Just so you know, I have looked EVERYWHERE for a Big brother shirt. The only place I found one was Gymboree. I bet Scotty is so cute!
I love this post and the story about Baby Beluga! I think a whale/dolphin themed baby shower is in order!
Congratulations! August again huh? Well there are something you just can't help. I can't believe our boys are old enough to be big brothers!
How exciting! Good luck with the summer pregnancy. You can do it!
Congrats! That's so exciting, I too am expecting my second in June. Good luck with the pregnancy and in life. I like checking up on your blog and seeing all the fun you're having.
Congrats Larsens! I hope you make it through an AZ summer pregnant :)
Congratulations!! That is so exciting!
Post a Comment