Thursday, August 13, 2009

A week in review

It has been a full week here in Larsenland!

Meg spent her whole week here,

reliving her high school experience (Go Thunder!)

and trying to look like a teacher instead of a student. For the most part the students can tell I'm not one of them, the teachers are surprised that I'm old enough to have a 2-year old without being a teenage mom, and the security guards are starting to recognize my face and stop eyeing me suspiciously in the hallways.


I've also done a little bit of this:
My favorite part :o) I'm lucky to have a great mentor teacher who gives me lots of freedom mixed with helpful feedback. I have 2 AP Chemistry classes and 3 Honors classes.


Eric is busting these out just about every spare minute:

He's taking the financial section of the CPA exam next Thursday and is feeling the pressure,
so I see a lot of this:
In other news, our testimonies of revelation and consistency in the church have been strengthened. It's amazing that anywhere you go you learn the same values,
hear the same lessons....

...and have pretty much the same callings. I am the official Relief Society pianist and Eric is the Elder's Quorum secretary.

Scotty turned 2 on Wednesday! We're celebrating with cake and a BBQ swim party with friends next weekend (hopefully we can find some friends by then) but we gave him a few things to open.
Unlike previous birthdays, he was actually able to open his own presents.

He is so into anything that moves right now, including trucks, trains, firetrucks, airplanes, helicopters, motorcycles, the movie Cars... Thanks Mom and Dad Larsen for the books!
(He's grumpy in this picture because Eric took the book away to hold it up)

We've all had the honor to read them at least 10 times already.

You are welcome to come read them to him anytime.

Nana and Papa got him this cool "bite" for him to learn to pedal.
He sleeps with it next to his bed.

There's also this:


Anyone want to give our talks on Sunday? We're speaking on charity and virtue.
Now we just have to decide which one of us is charitable and which one is virtuous.

1 thoughts:

Mimi Collett said...

Haha. Your talks will be awesome. :) And that's so great that you're teaching! I'm glad it's working out well with your mentor teacher. He looks like such a big boy on that trike!