Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Birthday Boy

Scotty is Five!

2007

Five things I love about Scotty:
1. His willingness to help. He helps his sister whenever she lets him and he plays "fetch" for me all day long.

2008
 2. His silliness. He loves stories and jokes about stinky feet (thanks, Papa!). He makes up jazz scat songs. He tells me silly facts about his stuffed dog Ruffles. He thinks everything is funny.


2009
 3. His conversation. There is never a dull moment around here! He still talks constantly, often with questions about how things work and he actually listens to my answers. I call him my little scientist because he is very observant and wants to understand the "how" and the "why" behind everything. Yesterday he was all about frogs, wanting to know which kind was the biggest and which was the smallest and what made them different...

2010
4. His ability to accept help. Scotty is the first person to ask for help when he thinks something might be too hard. Sometimes this is frustrating for me as I am trying to teach him new skills and build his confidence to try new things, but compared to Alyssa as a two year old, the simple request "will you please help me, Mama?" followed by a sweet hug of thanks is a wonderful blessing!

2011
5. His friendliness. He sincerely wants to be nice and be friends with everyone. He will share just about any toy, happily, because he would rather have the friend than the object. He meets people everywhere we go. He often walks in to my room in the morning to tell me that I look pretty today or that he likes my hair! I'll be crushed when this sweet little boy no longer wants to be best friends with his mama, but for now he tells me that he wants to stay with me forever, even when he's married :o)

2012


Fifth birthday stats:
Height: 41.5" (25%)

Weight: 33.4 lbs (5%--he's gained 3 pounds in the last year!)

Favorite things: Spiderman, ninjas, bad guys, transformers, legos, swords, guns, baseball, building forts

Favorite book: Curious George, Flat Stanley, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish. We finished reading our first chapter book, Stuart Little, over the summer.

Favorite activities: running, wrestling, hide and seek, yelling, eating treats, going to preschool

We love you Scotty! So glad you got a "tremote control car" for your birthday :o)


2 thoughts:

Mama Larsen said...

What a sweet post. I love that boy, and you are the perfect mom for him!! I love how you use words ~ you have a great gift for writing! I sure love you!
Mom Larsen

Deanna said...

Happy Birthday Scotty! Isn't it crazy that we have 5 yr old kindergarteners?!