Saturday, August 18, 2012

Birthday Girl

 Alyssa is Two!


It's handy to stack birthdays, isn't it? August is kid birthday central around here, with another one likely imminent. Fortunately, they follow birth order so I can keep all the numbers straight.

Without further ado, here are things I love about Alyssa!
2010

1. Her drive to learn new things! This girl wants to do everything, and she wants to do it now, and she wants to do it herself! I have a love/hate relationship with this quality in my two year old, but I admit it's one of the things I most admire about myself so I appreciate where it will take her. She jumps into life with both feet and no hesitation.
2011

2. Her genuine sweetness and willingness to listen. It sounds ironic, because the girl won't accept any help (if I even reach to touch her shirt while she is getting dressed she will take it all the way off, back away into the corner, and start over!), but she will listen to my guidance and try to follow my example. If she it yelling and trying to shove her feet into the wrong shoes, I can tell her that they are on the wrong feet and she will actually listen to me! If she is all worked up and crying hysterically, Eric will scoop her up in his arms and tell her that she needs to calm down--within seconds, she will reply with a shaky "o-tay..." and stop sniffling. If she is trying to get my attention by repeatedly whacking me in the stomach and yelling "mama!", all it takes is a quick reminder from me and she will flash me the sweetest grin and say "please mama?" in a very polite voice. Whenever she hears another kid crying, she immediately notices, comments, and wants to help. She has a special sweet spirit about her that is completely endearing. These sweet smiles are the high points in days filled with battles over everything she is determined to do herself!
2012

Second birthday stats:
Height: 33" (20% --she's actually a little taller but she stands knock-kneed)

Weight: 24.3 lbs (5%)

Hair: long, with the shorter layer now falling around her shoulders, blondish, and curly at the ends

Eyes: big, beautiful and clearly green/hazel

Words: a billion. With such a talker for a big brother she has no need for speech but finds plenty of reason to talk. She's picked up Scottish phrases, which crack me up, and usually speaks in complete sentences, including please and thank you. Not always understandable, but emphatic!

Favorite book: Moo, Baa, La La La or The Colors Book

Favorite song: Do As I'm Doing, The Nani Song, I Am a Child of God, The Wise Man & the Foolish Man

Favorite color: yellow or purple. I'm making this up since she doesn't know colors, but she tells me everything it either yellow or purple so I'm assuming she favors them :)

Favorite toy: Mickey Mouse! Her eyes light up when we wander the mall and she sees the Disney store. Can't wait to take her to Disneyland....maybe next summer? She also loves bags and purses.

Favorite activities: slides, swings, coloring, and bubbles

 We love you, Lyssabelle!


1 thoughts:

Mama Larsen said...

i LOVE these updates, Meg!! It helps me feel closer to my adorable grandchildren, and also YOU & ERIC!