Sunday, May 31, 2009

Just to keep it interesting.

There's always something that Scotty comes up with to keep his parents entertained or life interesting. He's a perfect fit for the Tigger song....

"The wonderful thing about Scotty's, is Scotty's are wonderful things.

Their tops are made out of rubber (conveniently, or we would have made many more trips to the ER by now!)

Their bottoms are made out of springs (well, you can say THAT part again. I've never seen a kid with more energy!)

They're bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun! (four bounces and five funs--yup, about sums it up.)

BUT the most wonderful thing about Scotty's--you're the only one! (I don't think we could handle two. Or even one and a half.)"

Most recent factoids:

1. Scotty no longer has curtains in his room. A few days ago I heard him awake and giggling at 10pm and I got suspicious. I walked into his room and it seemed really light back there. Sure enough, he had got ahold of the curtain, used the leverage to pull down the rod, and was jousting his stuffed animals with it.

Our theory is that the first time something happens, it's an accident. The second time, it's on purpose. Eric put the rod back up but we couldn't move it out of reach--the room is only so big and Scotty has the arms of an oragutan.

When he did the same thing the next day (plus jumping up and down in his thus-far indestructible crib), he lost his curtain privelages. I'm just hoping it doesn't backfire by waking him up really early!

2. We have to ration the jam. We were on our way to church this morning when Scotty let out a distressed scream from the back seat. I noticed he was rubbing at his eye and I thought he'd gotten something in it, so I turned around in my seat to help him. What I discovered was that he had jam on the back of his hand left over from breakfast and by rubbing his eye he had sealed the lid shut. With jam.

I did the only thing a parent can do in a situation like this. Laugh, while I open the lid to his sippy cup and splash water onto his eye to un-jam it.

3. Scotty can now (finally!) drink from a cup! After months of thinking we would have to get a sippy cup specially labeled "Elder Larsen" to accompany him on his mission, Scotty finally figured out the cup. He requires supervision and I haven't let him drink anything staining, but it's definite progress. I look forward to throwing away the much chewed sippy lids, but for now, his one faithful cup still accompanies us on outings.

3 thoughts:

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

haha. you are funny meg! and so is the idea of an Elder Larsen sippy cup! ;)

Sarah Roberts said...

hilarious!!!

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.