Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Scotty is a total foodie...

So I'll have a new slideshow of pictures to post soon now that Scotty is 5 months old, but i thought i'd add a quick update...

Scotty is growing great--close to 15 pounds and super happy. All of his eating hasn't been so good for me, however--despite my best efforts and lots of ice cream, i'm currently weighing in at 99 pounds. including my jeans and sometimes my shoes...*so* we decided to start solid foods a few weeks ago. I've never seen a baby so into food! Not only does he eat the whole thing and try to lick the bowl, he gets upset with me if I make him wait too long between bites! Like having a miniature teenager, I have to shovel straight into the mouth...

So far he's eaten rice cereal and oatmeal, and he loves to get tastes of everything. Misty even gave him a lemon slic to suck on the other day--and he loved it! No adorable bitter face--he came back for more. The only thing he doesn't like is celery--he'll suck on it but his face "sure mom--i know this isn't really edible."

Hopefully we can catch a picture of the celery face before he grows out of it!

1 thoughts:

Deanna said...

Meg! I'm totally with you on the whole losing weight thing! I'm at 115 and I haven't been this skinny since HS! Who knew I'd be skinnier AFTER having a baby! It is nice but yet frusterating that none of my clothes fit!!! (I knew I should've kept my old clothes) Azure is also eating lots and lots. Isn't it fun? You'll have to check out our blog!