Our sweet little one continues to be sweet, and little.
At 10 weeks (I got a little busy at the beginning of November!) she was:
Weight: 9 lb 15.5 oz (10%)
Length: 23" (70%)
Head circumference: 38 cm (10%)
(the chemist in me finds it odd that doctors in the US mix English and metric units like this....)
![]() |
| 9 days old |
Dear Rachel-Angelo,
I do believe your Nani gave you the perfect nickname. You are charmingly sweet and delicate to hold. You still seem so tiny, weighing in at just over 10 pounds. Because you are relatively tall (long?) for your age you haven't yet picked up any baby rolls, except for a tiny bit of plumping at your hips. You are becoming your own little person, yet you remind me of so many people I love.
You eat like Grandpa Woodhouse, which is to say you are leisurely and savoring every taste. In less politically correct terms, you drink milk like it is molasses and could easily "nurse" for 30 minutes and still complain when the meal is over. Occasionally I feel like one of those drinking containers they use in hamster cages with the little rolling ball at the end, as you sometimes forget to latch and suck and just wait for manna from heaven to fall into your mouth.
You smile and light up like Alyssa. Whenever someone catches your eye your whole face instantly bursts into a huge smile and you start singing. You don't even seem to mind your brother and sister getting centimeters from your face and respond with sweet smiles and arm flailing.
![]() |
| my Mini-Eric (9 days old) |
You sneeze like your Peeta (Grandpa Larsen). Even from the other room I can hear the massive sneeze-plosion. People unfamiliar with your talents often mistake the build up as you starting to fuss or cry, only to be surprised at the powerful little blasts you can produce. Your daddy and I laugh every time, but despite our best efforts we have been unable to catch the recitals on video.
There are also a million things you do that are distinctly you. I will be sad when you lose some of your "baby" mannerisms, like how you still tuck your legs up under you when you stretch. How you naturally hold your feet with your heels together like Mary Poppins. How your eyes cross when you watch your toes dance, or your satisfied smile when you successfully navigate your fingers into your mouth for slurping. Most of all, I will miss feeling like I still have a tiny bundle, fresh from heaven. I love watching you grow and learn and explore, but part of me selfishly wants to keep you as my baby forever, so I don't find myself longing for another one.
| Mary Poppins feet (on her blessing day) |
I'll just have to find more reasons to hold you and more time to kiss you.
All my love,
Mama







0 thoughts:
Post a Comment