The day after Scotty's third birthday party, which featured a Buzz Lightyear cake, he told me he wanted a "Bad Guy Yurg" aka an Evil Emperor Zurg cake when he turned four. I smiled, nodded, assured him he could pick whatever he wanted, because he was three and changed his mind 16 times a day about everything. There was no way he would still ask for the same thing a year later, so I didn't have to be the bad cop and tell him there was no way I was making a cake that would die his mouth a blackish/purple for a month and stain everything in our kitchen.
You can see where this story is going.
After making a million other suggestions, I finally succeeded in convincing him that Toy Story was so LAST YEAR (which it was, around here), and he is super excited for his shark cake and birthday party at the local splash pad. Alyssa will be joining in on the action, and I feel like even with combined parties each kid should get their own moment so I'm making her a cake as well. Sorry, adorable little girl, but no princesses or butterflies for you this year, you're getting a fish cake! With really big eyes :o)
In case you are interested, here are the stats. And yes, my kids are three years apart. I only wish I had taken a picture of Scotty the other day when Alyssa's shorts accidentally ended up in his drawer....let's just say that they were an easier fit for Scotty but MAN did they show some serious leg!
Weight:
19 lb 13 oz (50%)
30.0 lb (3%)
Height:
29.5" (90%)
38.5" (15%)
He's got 10 pounds and 9 inches on her, and she's gaining fast...if only they could share a wardrobe!




1 thoughts:
How fun to have a birthday week!
Post a Comment