While reading scriptures before bed: "Why did God but angels and a flaming sword in Eden's Garden? Is it because those people stole the snake's apples?"
"You can't tell me to stop fighting, mama, I'm not a bad guy. I'm Captain Moroni, so you can't tell me to stop."
"You're not in charge anymore, mama. I think you're all done with that. It's my turn to be in charge."
When I starting running water for Alyssa's bath, he came running: "I need to help, mama! I need to help Alyssa get bathtized!"
Walking into my room with a very full mouth and chomping loudly, "Mama, I don't think you can make frownies tonight because the chocolate chips are all gone." Hmm, very suspicious....
"Nephi's not a bad guy, mama. I need to tell the bad guys to stop hitting Nephi."
Yesterday I attended a regional NSTA (National Science Teacher's Association) Conference here in Phoenix, and it was a great experience. I attended as many seminars and lectures as I could fit in, wandered product exhibits and came home with a bunch of cool science loot (including an egg carton of rocks mined in AZ for Eric, the family's new mining expert). One of the main speakers was the science reporter from Science Friday on NPR and he gave an outstanding presentation on the role of science in the media...really made me think and get a little fired up about Americans who think they don't need science.
Over the past week you probably heard about the couple that "gate-crashed" a white house state dinner and heard "news updates" about a Tiger Woods late-night car crash, but did you hear about this?
President Obama, at a press conference on November 23, 2009: (watch 0:42-1:17)
"And today, I'm announcing that we're going to have an annual science fair at the White House with the winners of national competitions in science and technology. If you win the NCAA championship, you come to the White House. Well, if you're a young person and you've produced the best experiment or design, the best hardware or software, you ought to be recognized for that achievement, too. Scientists and engineers ought to stand side by side with athletes and entertainers as role models, and here at the White House we're going to lead by example. We're going to show young people how cool science can be."
Watching this I can hardly contain myself from cheering--it's about time!
Megan that sounds like soooo much fun! You have to be one of the greatest teachers. Maybe I should have you come teach my little cub scouts about the scientific method, rather than have them listen to me :)
3 thoughts:
Megan that sounds like soooo much fun! You have to be one of the greatest teachers. Maybe I should have you come teach my little cub scouts about the scientific method, rather than have them listen to me :)
Hope all is going well!!!!
This is so cool - I am happy you shared this great news. It's about time!
Hey, I thought that press conference was supposed to feature Josh and his robotics team! Really.
Post a Comment