Now that Alyssa is well on her way to 8 months, it's time for a retrograde update :o)
Weight: 19 pounds (according to the bathroom scale and some basic subtraction)
![]() |
| purple toes and baby rolls |
Height: 3/4 of Scotty. Literally, this girl is only about 8 inches shorter than her brother, who is a full three years older. Her feet already stick out the bottom of her infant car seat.
Hair: I would definitely describe her as a red head! I'm not sure why this makes me so excited, as really, I'd love her just as much no matter what her hair color was. I guess I just always imagined myself with a red headed daughter so it's fun to see that come true.
It's also more even now, as the bald spot it completely gone and it's starting to fill in around the back and across the top of her head. I also cut nearly two inches off the long patches and blended them in so she looks much less scraggly now. Though the sumo wrestler pony tail was cracking me up!
![]() |
| sumo ponytail |
![]() |
| antennae girl |
Favorite food: breastmilk, hands down. Well, I suppose milk is second to ice cream. She also likes mango, cinnamon oatmeal pudding, and banana. She tolerates a few bites of other things, like sweet potatoes, but is pretty unimpressed by solid food. It's been a long month of learning so far!
![]() |
| ice cream! my favorite! |
Favorite toy: her stuffed giraffe, which I have named Tag because that is her favorite part of any other toy, shirt, blanket, or article of clothing she gets her hands on.
Teeth: 1/8 of a bottom tooth that is playing peek a boo with us.
Skills: flops from sitting onto her stomach somewhat gracefully and at least without whacking her face on the floor. Spins purposefully in circles, pulls her legs under her, balances on her stomach with one hand, reaches three feet past her body length, and scooches backward (forward if the carpet is long enough to grab onto).
Favorite games: tickle with daddy, watching Scotty make funny faces or noises, peek a boo, drop the toy, and spitting conversations.
![]() |
| Scotty at the same age: not as chubby, same hair but darker, smaller eyes :o) |
Special talents: this girl isn't nicknamed Lizard Lady for nothing--she can contort her sweet little tongue into all sorts of shapes. She loves to suck on her top lip, make fish faces, spit in three different dialects, and even curls her tongue, much to the dismay of her Nana, who physically cannot make such a cool face.
Funniest quirk: she flap her arms when she's excited or getting fussy. And by flap, I mean, pounds on her stomach like a drum hard enough to hear it across the room and occasionally burp herself.














1 thoughts:
She is darling! It's fun to get the update!
Post a Comment