Friday, February 18, 2011

My kiddos

I love watching these two play. At times I get frustrated because Scotty is being silly instead of listening, like popping out from behind the couch and making faces while I'm trying to put his shoes on. It's hard to get mad, however, when I see Alyss'a face light up and burst into giggles. When we're driving in the car and she gets frustrated she alternates between crying and spitting, and Scotty thinks it's the funniest thing ever. It's hard to stay frustrated when you hear giggles from the back seat!

Here are the 6 month Alyssa stats:

Weight: 16 lb, 6 oz (50%) mostly around the middle--this girl has a bubble bum and it's hard to find pants that can fit over the bump!
Length: 27 1/4" (90-95%) this girl is tall and stretchy!
Head: 44 cm (80%) shirts stop fitting her when I can't get them over her head
Likes: watching Scotty, grabbing for everything, eating paper, singing, and chewing on things
New tricks: sucking on her thumb instead of her pointer finger, rolling over the other shoulder (she rolls back to front and front to back both ways now and is a talented little log roller), sitting on her own without getting distracted and tipping over, tucking her legs under her and scooching forward. This girl is determined to move!
Night wakings: still at least one, usually two. Better since we started cereal, she consistently goes 5 hour stretches without eating, as opposed to 3.
Favorite toys: anything that makes crinkly noises, including plastic bags and paper so I have to keep my eye out. She's tricky and will finangle anything into her mouth.
Teeth: NONE! (thanks!)
Quirks: her crazy hair has gotten even more ridiculous. It is finally filling in around the back and the front but it's still short. The long pieces, however, are now about 4 inches long and stick crazy directions. I can put her long pieces into substantial looking ponytails, but she looks like a little sumo wrestler with the fuzz in the front....

And the newest Scottish? While bathing a month ago Scotty spotted Alyssa's birthmark (she has a dark spot on her hip). After I convinced hims he had not gone to the bathroom in the tub and that the spot wouldn't rub off if he touched it I tried to explain to him what a birthmark is. After a few minutes of deep thought and lots of questions, he declared: "Jesus gave her a polka dot!"

I love this kid.

2 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

SO cute! "Her's playing with me!" Great little movie maker there Meg.

Kira: said...

Polka dot- I love it. We miss you guys- are you still thinking of coming for a visit?