Monday, January 11, 2010

Finally.

I title this post "Finally" both because I spent nearly every weekend of four months and plenty of days in between looking at houses and also because we bought one at the end of December and I am FINALLY getting around to posting pictures! I still have to take a final set now that my kitchen is put together and we are ready to start actually living there.

Roll over the image to see the caption. Completely missing from any picture is the fourth bedroom, which we plan to use as an office... The house is in Chandler, AZ and a 15 minute drive from my parents.


Overall the house was in great shape and we spent a few days painting (and having the bedrooms wired for ceiling fans and overhead lights!) before packing up the truck and moving in. Eric has been working long days (and is out of town this week) so I've been relying on my mom to help get things done. With a toddler and the stress of life it's taken longer than anticipated!

We love our new ward and feel very welcomed there. Scotty loves the nursery (of course) and has already won over all the new leaders. Eric and I have already been called to teach the CTR 4 class in primary. He's the only guy serving in primary and I can already tell that I'm going to need his help for a few specific reasons :o) I love the idea of team teaching and actually getting to see my husband at least one day a week!

5 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great house. It really looks nice, especially when my head is not inside a cabinet that needs cleaning :) The painting really turned out wonderful!
Can't wait to see the final "after" pictures.

Deanna said...

Congrats Meg! Such a an exciting milestone to have your very own house. Good luck getting all settled in with the finishing touches.

Sarah Roberts said...

that's awesome Meg! Congrats....one day I will have a house too..... :)

April said...

It looks great! Now we just need an excuse to come down and see you guys....

Sarah Ewell said...

Wow! Your own walls, and they're really your own. :) It looks great. Heard you're coming in town this weekend! Yay! Look forward to seeing you.